Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Right feeds on violence again

Some days ago the reporter Lara Logan, whose interview with Jon Stewart I seem to remember posting somewhere, was beaten in a sexual assault while working in Egypt. She was rescued by some women and elements of the Egyptian army.

On reading about that I felt a bit sick and went about my day. Then the irrational Right started popping up like noxious weeds with opinions about it all.

I thought "What? It's a sickening act of violence perpetrated against someone who was doing her job - what other possible view could there be?"

But they seem to have been titillated into a piranha-like frenzy about it all.

Let's start with Jim Hoft:

CBS Reporter Logan Learns That Political Correctness Is a Killer. Lara Logan is lucky she's alive. Her liberal belief system almost got her killed on Friday. This talented reporter will never be the same.

Won't she Jim? Did you personally talk to her? You have an exact idea of her state of mind, do you? And I wasn't aware that professional journalism was a "liberal belief system"... though I guess it is when considering that crass and baseless pseudo-journalism is usually the province of the Right.

Why did this attractive blonde female reporter wander into Tahrir Square last Friday? Why would she think this was a good idea?

Oh... it's her fault is it? My... and when have we ever heard THAT before when talking about rape?
Another question... what exactly does "attractive blonde" have to do with anything?

Robert Stacy McCain - of "You buy the ticket. You take the ride" fame - shot his mouth off about it:

Please tell me what I am permitted to say when a gang of Egyptian men celebrates the end of the Mubarak regime by sexually assaulting an American TV news reporter.

I see... you're the victim here are you Robert? Should have known I guess - the loopy Right is always the victim as far as they're concerned. I'll let you know the next time I spill my coffee, because you'll surely be the victim then too.

By the way, Robert, I think Logan is South African.

Pamela Geller:

Lara Logan was repeatedly sexually assaulted by thugs yelling, "Jew! Jew!"...

Ah... now we come to the pseudo-journalism... and it gets worse

Worse still, CBS tried to keep the whole thing quiet and was forced to get in front of the story only when it became widely known that other media outlets were on to it. Who are they covering for?

Oh I don't know... maybe they are being sensitive to the needs of an employee who has been raped? No?

And why? Because the false narrative the media is painting of what is going on in Egypt is patently false, and this brutal sex attack points to something else entirely... Obama should make a statement addressing this horror and condemning the vile Islamic anti-semitism at the heart of Islam.

Because they wouldn't be rapists if only they weren't so horribly anti-semitic?

You're a total moron, Pam.

Nir Rosen apologized and lost his job, though he never blamed Logan for what happened to her. And mainstream media were content to focus on him... for some reason... and not so much on people like...

Debbie Schlussel, who FOX News use as their expert on Islam apparently because she's a film-critic - gee who could knock qualifications like that?

Schlussel is probably the worst of the bunch here. Read what she wrote and I won't have to tell you why:

As I’ve noted before, it bothers me not a lick when mainstream media reporters who keep telling us Muslims and Islam are peaceful get a taste of how "peaceful" Muslims and Islam really are. In fact, it kinda warms my heart. Still, it’s also a great reminder of just how "civilized" these "people" (or, as I like to call them in Arabic, "Bahai'm (Animals) are...

...Now you know what it’s like, Lara....

"There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time."

I just love it when the people of the profession of “the public’s right to know” suddenly want “privacy.” Tell it to your next interview subject, Lara. Of course CBS has no further comment. Wouldn’t wanna impugn the “peacefulness” of “Religion of Peace” animals, would we? Now, if they were Christians or Jews, well, then there would be comments galore.


So sad, too bad, Lara. No one told her to go there. She knew the risks. And she should have known what Islam is all about. Now she knows. Or so we’d hope. But in the case of the media vis-a-vis Islam, that’s a hope that’s generally unanswered.

This never happened to her or any other mainstream media reporter when Mubarak was allowed to treat his country of savages in the only way they can be controlled.

Now that’s all gone. How fitting that Lara Logan was “liberated” by Muslims in Liberation Square while she was gushing over the other part of the “liberation.”

Hope you’re enjoying the revolution, Lara! Alhamdilllullah (oraise Allah)


The Internet... isn't quite big enough... for me to write about everything that is hideous in that tirade.

4 comments:

  1. I think I must be getting jaded - I'm no longer surprised or even angry when I hear such nonsense from the right. ut I still think it's vitally important to expose their lies and speak out, as you have done so eloquently here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to deal with this issue, Magpie. As you know, I read this stuff every day, and yet right wing behavior about this assault was so sickening I couldn't bring myself to collect these examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infidel753, thanks for that link. I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

    tnlib, I WISH it was eloquent... I might have written something about how certain minds work, but it was beyond me.

    Green Eagle, Schlussel's glee-filled cheerleading for hate over the violation of another woman - from someone who fronts a camera and can speak to millions... I couldn't flush it without putting it up.

    ReplyDelete